Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I know








Margie Resto-Smith;
"Eva", 16X20, Pastel on Masonite





As you wet your lips, they slither on your teeth
Slowly they shut, like a resting dove’s eye.
When you slept, I once saw tears bounce off your ripe cheek
Like morning dew, grudgingly dropping off a green leaf.

How beautiful you are, I know.

Wondering, you run your hands down your hair
Strands of black satin, you fingers softly fall off the edge.
When you smile, oh when you smile
Your full, dark eyes remain unchanged; virginally innocent.

How beautiful you are, I know.

When you speak, simply you are not speaking
Descanting you are, pure & profound thoughts.
When you dance, oh when you dance
Like a rose petal, rippling to a soft wind.

How beautiful you are, I know.

Dying only for you, I picture every night
Puts me to sleep, a wishful thought like that.
No man is worthy of you.
Still, I should confess: I love you.

How much you love me, that I only know.

No comments: